Hi there,

> Here is mine: although I think the C's get killed by teams with a legit
> center, I would prefer to see the 76ers, simply  because the answer has
> too many questions. He will either be out or severely hampered if in.
> Charlotte scares me. This year's "team no one wants to play".

Hmm I think Philly is the most dangerous...by far.
Here is why:

1) Philly has the big shot blocking center.
    This changes the game, and can make a team into a defensive terror.
    The Celts do one of two things on offense...hit the three or take it into
the paint.
    Philly with Mutumbo shuts down half of the Celts offense. The Celts play
    Philly terrible for this reason. I don't think you can overestimate the
importance
    of a legit shot blocker. See the Lakers with and without Shaq..for
example.

2) Allen Iverson
    Contrary to the views of some folks on this list..
    Its not depth that makes a team great or talented its how good the
absolute
    best players are. Thats why a team like Indiana bites. They have no
     great players. In a tight game you wont get the calls. You can't control
the
    flow of the ball. You don't have a go to guy, and you don't have anyone
    who commands the double team.

    Philly though..has Allen Inverson. He gets ALL the calls in a tight game.
You
    go near him in clutch situation. WHISTLE. Its just as bad as playing
Jordan.
    Throw in the fact that Iverson really is great...and well you have a lot
of trouble.
     Iverson can take over games down the stretch and command a double team
or
     even a triple team.

     The Celts have this too..and that makes them the second team to beat
IMHO.
     A team like New Jersey is going nowhere fast. When your "star" player
     (who some folks think is the best point guard in the NBA - laugh) can't
even    demand a double team...your team is in BIG trouble. In the playoffs
teams get used
     to defending the other players and start to know there game. You need
     that star presence to win.

       Other dangerous teams then are Charlotte with Baron Davis and the
Bucks
       with Ray Allen. But Iverson is still the best star of them all.

     Pete