Telling it Like It IS

 Props to Ray - used to be New England on the ESPN message boards.

Candidly - this has been a down year for the "traditional" Eastern Powers. The
Celtics have improved their defensive play thanks to Dick Harter. Philly
really made some questionable off-season deals that I think weakened their
team. Milwaukee is tired of the George Karl act and their run and gun style is
not backed by solid defense. Vince Carter had a career damaging year and in
his absence, the Raptors have made a remarkable comeback to knock out talented
Indiana. Charlotte has had to play 82 road games this year and they are my
pick to come out of the East. Boston ranks 2nd in my opinion. Detroit has put
things together nicely with Ben Wallace in the middle and Stack from outside.
Chucky Atkins turned out really nice at PG. New Jersey on the other hand may
be a one hit wonder if Jason Kidd moves on after next season (I believe he
wants to go to Seattle to replace Payton). K-Mart is a thug, KVH is a stiff,
To-Mac is a very good center, though and Byron Scott is a punk coach. Speaking
of punk coaches - Isiah Thomas needs to be fired. Indiana will be a power if
you put Pat Riley there. New York and Miami both flat out stink and need to be
rebuilt. Cleveland has a wonderful PG in Andre Miller but little else to build
around. Atlanta has talent but Abdur-Rahim is the wrong guy to build around
and Theo Ratliff may be finished, a serious blow to that team.

And Ray, I'm in total agreement that the Celtics must resign Rogers or we may
well become one-hit wonders. The Rogers issue will define Chris Wallace's GM
career now that he mortgaged the future and I feel made a draft blunder in
Forte (with Tinsley and Tony Parker on the draft board). Delk is a marginal
role player with a bargain long term contract. The Celtics already have too
many role players under long term contracts thanks to Pitino. I reserve
judgment about Obie until the Celtic playoff campaign ends although he has
done an admirable job bringing the Celtics out of irrelevancy to a competitive
team that makes the true Celtics fans pay attention to. This is an important
spring for the Celtics to show true progress with winning at least one playoff
series.

Ron (QuinielaBox) PasikGet more from the Web.  FREE MSN Explorer download :
http://explorer.msn.com