Re: So The Frauds Have Made The Playoffs

RE: the title of your e-mail.  The rest of us knew the Lakers were in ages
ago.  Do try to keep up, hm?

Onward...

>Well Congratulations.......

Well, thank you!

>No, not to the Celtics. Let's congratulate those who
>are truly responsible for the Celtics current position....

Silly me, to think that a major turnaround on defense, less selfish play
and better depth might have had anything to do with their record this season.

>Start the Roll Call:
>
>Thank you Brian Grant and Alonzo Mourning. With you two at less than
>full
>strength for the first half of the season, Miami was removed from
>playoff
>competition. They made a valiant effort in the second half, but it was
>two little too late.
>Oh well, wait until next season, when the Heat get a quality PG in the
>draft or do
>the long rumoured E Jones/1st pick for Odom deal.

Ah, so the Celtics made the playoffs because Miami stank up the place for
the first part of the season?  Oh, that's right, Red Auerbach obviously
called Pat Riley and said "For old times, sake, would you start at 5-23 so
we have a shot at the playoffs?"  And Pat, not caring about his team or his
own reputation replied, "Sure, Red, ol' buddy.  No problem.  In fact, I'll
make sure we stinbk at the END of the season, just to show I care."  Darn,
I must have missed that on ESPN.

>Thank you Theo Ratliff. You big softy you. Your chronic injuries along
>with  Kukoc
>becoming hurt, removed the Hawks from the playoff picture. And after
>such a promising
>offseason.The Clippers thank you too, as they have your lottery pick
>this year.

Yeah, Kukoc throws the same kind of scare into opposing players as
Shaq.  No, seriously!!  How could we have been so fortunate as to have not
had to face that basketball giant???

>Thank you Grant Hill. A once promising Magic team that would have
>finished ahead of
>the Celtics in the standings, now slugs it out for a lower playoff
>position.

A guy who spends more time on the injured list than a chocoholic in
Hershey, PA would make that much difference?  C'mon, Even Doc Rivers says
"Grant who?" nowdays.

>Thank you Isiah Thomas. You are truly the Anti-Alchemist, tranforming
>gold into baser
>metals. Unbelievable, that your Pacers aren't leading the Easteern
>Conference.
>There's simply no reason, other than pitiful coaching,, that Indiana
>didn't destroy
>everyone in the pathetic East.

Gee, and maybe subpar play from Reggie Miller and Jalen Rose had a LITTLE
to do with that.  But doggone it, maybe Isaiah blanched at the idea of
facing Jim O'Brien and gave in to the inevitable.

>Thank you Philadelphia 76ers. Injuries have beaten the crap out of you
>this season.
>Yet another club that should have been  at the top of the heap, but kept
>losing players,
>it seems like, every week.

Even Pat Croce admitted that without Iverson, Philly sits out the playoffs.

>Thank you Jamal Mashburn. Your absence was sorely felt by the Hornets,
>and got the
>Celtics some much need cheapie wins.

Gee, and here I thought nobody wanted to face Charlotte in the
Playoffs...sounds a little more expensive win than you suggest.

>Thanks Ilgauskas, playing at half strength, denying the Cavs from
>competing with the Celtics.

Like they had any other option even if he were healthy??

>Thank you Lamar Odom for missing both Celtics games.

Whew!!  Dodged a bullet THERE, didn't we?  Don't they call him "Lamar the
Mighty" now??

>Thank you Shaq for saving your 40 point performance.

Yes, and he was SO helpful in the game we played in LA--oh, yeah--we won
that one TOO.

>And Michael, and Brendan Haywood. Too bad you two never got to play
>against
>the Celtics at the same time.
>
>And Camby, thank you for becoming injured.
>
>Shout out too, to the missing Vince Carter.

The Raptors have a better record without Vince.  Maybe he should have sat
out sooner.

>Hey Antonio McDyess, thanks for your injury.
>
>Ray Allen and Milwaukee, we can't leave you out. The Bucks, that's
>another
>club that was beset with injuries.

Yes, and they were so bloody terrible they made the playoffs anyway.  What
a rotten team they must be.

>The Celtics thank you all for getting them to where they are. Near the
>top of the heap
>of the big manure pile that is the Eastern Conference.
>Ray

Speaking of manure piles, you might want to clean those hip waders before
they stink up the place---oh, right--your post already did that.

Like it or not, in this age of too-long seasons, and bad officiating
resulting in overly physical games, injuries are inevitable.  The idea is
that if you're among the best, you can win even when injured.  If losing
one person makes you a mediocre team *coughwashingtoncough* then so be
it.  We played the games, and won when we had to.

The C's had their share of bad games--last night's being a prime
example.  But in the preseason, all the experts predicted the Celtics to
come in last.  Repeat: LAST.  No playoffs, no shot at a Division or
conference title, not even a winning season.  If the Good Guys are as bad
as you infer, that's what should have happened.  So it happens that the Way
of the Ray is the Wrong Way.  Next season, you'll know better.  Maybe.

You are, as ever, entitled to your opinion--even if it does make you look
rather silly.  I do wonder though, if this is what you post about a team
you LIKE, Heaven forfend we ever see what you post about the ones you don't.

Snoopy the Celtics Beagle