Re: Delicious

On Monday, April 8, 2002, at 04:27 AM, JB wrote:

>    As I said yesterday, Bill, I'm still right behind you, flapping my
> wings. I love this team also.
>    No one (certainly not me), is giving up on them. If you are referring
> to my post, I just want their best effort every game and we did get it
> yesterday.

Oh, certainly some people have given up on the C's, but whether they were
fans of the team to begin with, I'll leave to each lister's individual
judgement.  Though I referred to your post, JB, I certainly didn't mean to
refute it.  Though I'd be leery of characterizing Obie's job as masterful
or brilliant, you can't argue with success.  Even better that we're
winning with Walker shooting so poorly -- let's hope he shoots his way out
of this slump and become more efficient for the playoffs.

Another reason I really like this incarnation of the team is because they
consistently achieve beyond my expectations: like probably more than a few
of you, I thought there was a good chance for a split or even two losses
in the last couple of games.  No, sir, two wins, and just when the team
needs them.  Good stuff.

Bird