Re: What a game!

>  From: "Art Silva" <arsilva@directvinternet.com>
>
> V and Kenyon were battling for a rebound. It looked like V might've come
> close to or kicked Kenyon.  The refs, who stunk up the whole game, blew
> the
> whistle. The play was dead and Kenyon gave V a forearm shove to the back
> and
> walked away.

Ooh, I didn't see that part, or least didn't associate it with a dead ball.
   Then again, the Nets broadcast didn't really mention that.

>  Somewhat of a punk move if you ask me. So then V goes after him
> only to have one of those collins twins step in the way. I can never
> remember which one is which. It looked like to me that the collins guy
> took
> a swing at V.

Wow.  I *really* didn't see that one.  I could have missed it, though.

> Rodney stepped inbetween and split it up. But then Kidd comes
> over and shoves his finger in front of V's face. V quickly slapped it
> away.

Yeah, Iiked that part.  "Get that finger outa my face" I could almost hear.

> Then Antoine and Scott got into what looked like a heated shouting match.
> was the only one to get tossed. I think they called a double technical on
> Kenyon and V. I think the poor officiating led to the incident more than
> anything else.

Agreed.

> Scott has no business running out on the floor if he is just
> going to make matters worse. Remember he got into it with the mailman this
> season.

Well, Obie was out there too, but it did seem like Scott wanted to get
into it a little too much.  Obie was restraining players, and Scott ended
up jawing with them.

> And the idiot New Jersey announcers didn't help my mood much either
> at the time.

Heh.  most of you know how much I loathe most non-Celtics announcers, but
I thought Raftery and his play-by-play sidekick were often correct about
many bad calls, and Raftery especially was quick to defend good calls that
went against the Nets.  I respect that.  Incidentally, they were very
complimentary towards Walkerpierce.  Raftery used the term "tough" most
often to describe Walker, and Pierce, of course, was virtually the object
of worship.

As it should be.

Uh ... I mean, lousy New Jersey broadcast team -- fry in Hades!  Seriously,
  though, that was some lousy officiating from guys who call themselves
professionals.

Bird