Re: Heresy follows!

>     I almost enjoyed watching the Indiana game the other night with Ed
> Pinckney doing color.  While I appreciate Tommy's basketball insight, I am
> beginning to weary of his delivery.  The phrase "over the top" comes to
mind.
>  A color guy should be able to analyze, not cheer and coach.  Don't get me
> wrong - I still enjoy him much of the time, but every so often I wish he
> would simply shut up and analyze the game instead of yelling and screaming
> about Tommy points.  Were I an Indiana fan watching the Celtic telecast,
I'd
> be laughing, wondering what sort of fools listen to this guy.

I thought that was Quinn Buckner doing the color for the Indiana broadcast.
Ed does the heat telecasts.
I've said on the list before how much I abhor listening to homer announcers.
The pistons crew comes to mind. I'm sure Tommy annoys fans rooting for the
other team. Although Tommy does get to me sometimes mostly if the Celts are
losing and he's going on and on about offensive troubles and urging the team
to run. There are times he claims somebody to be wide open down court when I
don't really see how a pass could get through. And I think the Tommy points
are gone by the start of next season.

Art Silva