Re: Waltuh!!!

At 21:37 4/2/2002 EST, you wrote:
>  We sure love Waltah tonight!  Y'know, Walter and Erick Strickland take
>their share of abuse on this list, some of it deserved, but when they are
>"on," it's like having TWO Vinnie Johnsons coming off the bench, except one
>of them is 6'10 and can play some defense and hit 3s to boot.  I really
liked
>Strickland's intensity tonight.  He was not going to let this one get away.
>   Big gut check.  We are happy.

Waltuh and Strick were huge tonight. If Waltuh played half as well in every
game, he'd be worth keeping. But it's all or nothing with him, usually
nothing. Still, I woudn't mind if, cap allowing, they re-signed him for the
minimum, for these occasional eruptions. He's a good team chemistry guy,
too.
Strick's filled in for Kenny really well. They've got to find a way to keep
him somehow. He's a character guy. You need guys like him on your side.

This game was getting out of hand fast in the 3rd, our guys were apathetic,
and then, BOOM! Waltuh and Strick energize the team, and with Pierce's
help, come roaring back. And that's with Walker having another stinker of a
game (although he made some good plays at the end).  Good job by Obie
keeping the most effective unit on the floor for the comeback run.
On the other side of the halfcourt line, thank you very much, Isiah,  for
handing this game to us. He made no adjustment whatsoever to try to contain
our run, and kept two certified Celtics killers - Brad Miller and Jeff
Foster - on the bench during our comeback. When Indiana gets a real coach,
they're going to be pretty scary with all that young talent.
Kestas