Re: Antoine and the Boobirds

When I look at Walker's statistics, I do not see his 3 point shooting as
a weakness.  I see his inside game as the weakness.  Walker's 2pt % is
really no better or worse than what it has been his career.  This season
his 2pt % is 42.6, his 3pt % is 34.5.  It's close enough that one can see
the logic in taking the 3 as many times as he does vs. a 2ptr.

I don't have a problem with him taking a 3ptr for over a third of his shots.
The question I have is whether he should be taking so many shots.  And if he
takes less shots, who should get more?

Pierce?  Well, he already takes the most shots on his team and he's already
being double and triple teamed all the time.

Delk, Strickland and Williams shoot worse than Walker, so why give them more
shots?

Anderson's 2pt % is barely above 43%.  That's barely an improvement over
Walker.

Rodney Rogers?  Maybe you give him more a few more shots, but it's not like
the Cs are utilizing Rogers less than he has been all his career.  We also
don't know whether he's going to be here in the future.

McCarty?  Even if you wanted him to take more shots, his future is uncertain.

That leaves our centers.  Are we underutilizing Battie and Potapenko
offensively?  If so, is that really Walker's fault?

Francis