Re: Antoine

Final addition here: I think the overall labeling of Antoine as an
inefficient offensive player is correct, though I didn't make that clear in
my original post. He doesn't get to the line and he shoots a poor
percentage from 2 pt range. Pierce is clearly a much more efficient scorer.

I think that Pitino had the right idea when he was saying that he'd rather
have Antoine be a 16-12-6 (points rebounds assists) player than a 25-8-3.
The problem, at least last year, was that there really wasn't an
alternative to having Antoine try to score 20+, except if Pierce was having
one of those 40 point nights. Now Antoine mentally probably wants to be a
25-12-6 player, so this season is a test. If Joe Johnson comes in as a 15
ppg player, can Antoine give up some of his offense to become a lower
volume, higher efficiency offensive player that concentrates more on
rebounding and passing? I think that Mark's answer is no. I think, maybe,
and keep my fingers crossed. I don't want Antoine to shoot 600 3's per game
either because I don't think that will work on a contending team (as
opposed to a bad team where I think it helped). I just don't think that "he
is what he is" - yet. But if nothing changes this year, I may come to that
conclusion.

Alex