RE: How Can You Be Excited About The Celtics When....

> ** Original Subject: RE: How Can You Be Excited About The Celtics When....
> ** Original Sender: Kestutis.Kveraga@dartmouth.edu (Kestutis Kveraga)
> ** Original Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 12:55:43 -0700

> ** Original Message follows...

> --- You wrote:
> - When the Celtics play the Wizards, more people will be
> rooting for Jordan than the Celtics.  I know I'm hoping
> he goes for fifty, especially if he's guarded by Toine....
>
> - Did I mention the LA Clippers have a better roster.....
> -- end of quote ---
>
> And thank you for *your* support of the Boston Celtics.

No. Thank you for your support of team. Maybe with good
little supporters like you, in five years or so, attendance
will stop declining, the GM won't have to make door-to-door
hoop calls, and they'll be on a radio station that you can hear
outside of Boston.

> --- You wrote:
> - There's a War starting. Geo-politics is much more interesting
> and entertaining than sports. I'm taking Uzbekistan and the points....
> -- end of quote ---
>
> So you're writing to the *Celtics* list to tell us how uninterested you are in
> the team?

No, good little supporter. I'm telling you how uninteresting the Celtics
are at this moment. Prove me wrong. Give me some attendance figures
and season ticket projections for the upcoming season.  Show me some fan interest
in the team. There's very little. With a conflict approaching, and the Celtics
an unlikely playoff team, they're just not generating a lot of interest.
Ray