The silver lining.

   It's not a time to bemoan the open roster spot, or the lack of help in
the off-season, to the areas of weakness: our rebounding, interior defense
and point guard deficencies.It is time to get on the band wagon and look to
the areas of possible improvement and they are many.
   1. A selfless Attitude!
   Perhaps the most important element in a championship roster; this, or the
lack of, is best exhibited, in the history of  the two players who have come
in to camp out of shape in seasons past; Antoine Walker and Kenny Anderson,
have been working out all summer. We have even seen an amazing photo of
Walker.
   These two players, in shape, playing to their strengths, could easily
push us to contender status. The two enigmas: Walker and Anderson, have the
power to make or break this team. Along with Pierce; these are the two
players with undeniable NBA talent. Here's hoping they rise to the
challenge.
   2. Post play: rebounding and interior defense.
   Of Secondary importance will be  the play of Tony Battie.
   Battie was lost last season to injury, just as he was showing some
consistency. Tony is our only center, with both defensive and offensive
capabilities. If Battie is healthy and motivated, we could use a front line
with Pierce and Potapenko (for muscle) and let Walker play the wing (or even
the point), as his new body may now allow him to cover a quick forward.
   Battie has the tools to be an all-star in this league. Some players are
late bloomers.
   3. The rookies.
   Joe Johnson is a lock to make the rookie all-star team. I've seen him
play at Shaw's twice and he is so smooth and under control, I am amazed at
the ability to draft him at # 10.
   Kedrick Brown, could be an immediate sensation as the sixth man/ scorer,
off the bench, that we have not had since, maybe; Scott Wedman. Brown is
un-guardable and as a bonus, he is no stranger to playing defense himself.
Here is a kid who has a nice shooting stroke, three point range and a first
step and leap, to the basket, that most players would kill for.
   Joe Forte could provide a steadying influence off the bench. He is very
good defender, a smart player and his mid range jumper allowed him to score
over 20 points a game, on a college team that discourages unbalanced
individual scoring, over team play.
   Forte, may be turn out to be the the most underrated player drafted in
the first round. He will make good decisions. It will be hard to keep him on
the bench. If either Walker or Joe Johnson can handle the point guard duties
and defend the small forward, Forte may even be starting by Thanksgiving.
-JB-

Unchain My Heart!