Re: An Interesting Comparison [Fwd: Kedrick Brown == Blue Edwards]

On Fri, Sep 07, 2001 at 10:48:31AM -0400, Way Of The Ray wrote:
> >From the Celtics News Group:
>
> Both got hops.  Both came from small schools.  Both swingmen (about
> the same build too).  Even though Brown is listed at 6'7", he looks
> alot closer to 6'5".  Check out the first four years of Edwards
> career.  I wouldn't be surprised if we see the same sort of
> progression from Brown.

Although those stats certainly wouldn't be bad, I don't think its fair
to compare Edwards to Brown. Edwards certainly was athletic, but
Brown's athleticism seems to be at least in the top 5% of the
nba. AFAIK Brown's potential is essentially unlimited and entirely
dependent on his motivation and his will to succeed. Brown could have
a career like Edwards or Harold Miner if he relies solely on his
natural ability. But if Brown shows a will to succeed I can't see why,
with his physical tools, he couldn't end up at the same level as
players like Pippen, Mcgrady or Carter.

Speculating on his ability in terms of athletically talented
underachievers assumes to much about his motivation. When we know how
willing he is to improve we can guess how his career will pan
out. Right now it's just idle speculation.

Noah