Re: prediction and other thoughts

Do you really believe that OB is telling him to take undisciplined shots?
Come on, that's not what he is saying.

I believe the criticizing is about indiscriminate 3's.  You know, like when
there is 15 seconds on the shot clock and no teammates in position under the
basket to rebound a shot that most often misses.  (Remember most players
shoot under .500 on 3's.  Even Walker.)

I think most coaches and teammates want high percentage shots unless the
clock is running out.

Every single basketball mind that has weighed in on this subject including
Tommy, Cousey, most of this list, most of the sports writers and most anyone
that has seen a basketball game before, believes that Walker is at his very
best while on the blocks and can use his "tools" to make the team around him
better.  Isn't that the idea?  Have a player be at his best in an effort to
help the team?

I'm not sure the folks that do criticize him for stupid 3's are the ones
with the brain power of a field mouse. (Not saying you are, just that "those
of you" aren't.)

<Jim

Cecil said:
>The thing is...this will not stop the Butch-from-the-Cape wannabees from
>dissing Walker.  Remember last year when everyone criticized him for
>shooting too many 3s?  Obie clearly stated that he wanted Toine shooting
the
>3 alot.  So he does what the coach wants and he is blasted by the
>you-know-whos.

>If this quote from Obie goes unmentioned later this year when Toine fires
>away again, those of you who criticize will have the long term memory of a
>field mouse.

>Cecil (43-41)

Jim Hill
mailto:jahill@leasingservice.com