Erick Strickland info

http://www2.bostonherald.com/sport/basketball/cnotes10302001.htm
``Right now, different people are getting waived. We want the option of
being able to look, and if we decide we want to bring in somebody, we want
to be able to pull the trigger.''  A source said the Celtics had already
targeted the team's 15th roster spot on veteran point guard Erick
Strickland, who played with the Knicks and Vancouver last season. Reached
by phone last night, Celtics general manager Chris Wallace would not
confirm the team's interest in the 27-year-old Strickland, who averaged 5.2
points and 1.9 assists in 50 games last season. The 6-foot-3 Nebraska grad
began his NBA career as an undrafted free agent with the Dallas Mavericks
in 1996.

---------------

The veteran Erick Strickland, who turns 28 on next month, spent four fairly
productive seasons with the losing Dallas Mavs and was last seen as part of
the trade that brought Othella Harrington to the Knicks. The 6-3 Nebraska
grad logged 30 mpg for the Mavs in 1999-2000 just at the start of the
Nowitzki-era, averaging nearly 13 points on .433 shooting in 68 games. For
his career, he's averaged just 2.6 assists (1.58 to's) in 24.8 mpg.

He's a career .400 shooter, excellent from the line (.857, .863 the last
two years) and adequate from 3-point range (career .334). Strickland played
A ball for the Florida Marlins and was an all-state football player in
Nebraska. He was a 3-time All-Big Eight Defensive Team player and finished
as the school's all-time steals leader with 257. Maybe a younger version of
Randy Brown? Hard to say.

Joe