Is Kedrick Brown the 'real deal' or not?

Inquiring minds not only want to know but have to know and soon.

Why? I don't keep close tabs on which first rounders are up for contract
renewal or their current status.  I did read about J. Williams  re-signing in
Memphis but was not aware the LaFrentz has not re-signed in Denver. Reading
from the info below, sounds like there might be an opportunity here. Any
legit chance to land this guy should be fully explored by the front office.

So a question that immediately comes to my mind is "How truly convinced is
Team Wallace that K. Brown is the real deal ?" And to amplify on that one
maybe add a few more:

- "How convinced are the rest of the league's GMs that K. Brown is the real
deal (or not) ?"
- "What trade value does he have? "
- "Is he a promising enough young player sweetened with 2 future first
rounders (not necessarily both of next year's but if that's what it took so
be it) that Denver would be interested?"

You add LaFrentz to the starting lineup; make Battie the first big guy off
the bench; and make Joe Forte the first backcourt sub and this team would be
much improved IMO. And since OB and staff feel compelled to convert players
to a position, IMO, instead of trying to create a roster of interchangeable
parts, just convert one player. Only one player should be "converted" and
that is JJ; not Forte.

If, after watching him break some guy's ankles at half court coming down on
the wing last night didn't convince you the kid has handles, nothing will.
Convert him to the point; let Forte play the "2" which plays to his strength.
JJ doesn't excel at any one phase (unlike Forte) and hence converting him
wouldn't detract from the strength of his game. The kid can play 3 positions
with relative ease. He is simply a totally unselfish player.  "Converting" is
also a misnomer because he has played point before so it wouldn't be as big
of a transition. I thought the most poignant thing Joe Klein said last night
when talking about JJ was when he spoke about his total court awareness and
his thorough understanding of the game.

Memo to OB: Forte is a shooter. Don't put the rock in his hands and ask him
to create and pass and now quarterback an offense because that takes away
what he does best. With this kid's stroke, he could quickly evolve into a
more athletic version of "The Microwave" as a 6th or 7th man coming off the
bench. Let him shoot !!  Call me insane but I'd start Eric Williams in the
backcourt with JJ. Joe would have three pretty good perimeter shooters that
could spread the court along witha slasher in Williams to get the ball to in
the starting lineup. I'd bring in Forte at about the 5 - 6 minute mark of the
1st Quarter and play both JJ and Forte as a backcourt tandem for major
minutes and on D let them flip flop. Forte checks the PG and JJ sticks the
"2" man.

Let Paul play the SF spot. That's his natural position. Play to his strength.
Stop trying to make him a "2" guard. Last night Pierce couldn't match up with
Ray Allen. Ray got 10 quick points in the first quarter. When JJ switched to
defended him, he only ended up getting a couple of FT's in the second quarter
and I saw at least one strip of him by JJ.

I'd let Palacio, KA, and Herren or (_________ fill in the blank) battle it
out to see which one gets to be the first PG off the bench and he would be in
the 8th and 9th spots of the rotation along with V.  McCarty,Blount, and
whichever PG is left after their Battle Royale should be in the 10th through
12th range of the rotation.

Anyway, here's the blurb on LaFrentz.

But in the final analysis I'm going to call the name of <A HREF="http://nba.com/playerfile/raef_lafrentz/index.html?nav=page">Raef LaFrentz</A> as the
sleeper in Denver though probably not for the reasons you expect. I'm going
to base this call on what his fate turns out to be with this team between now
and the trading deadline in February. Raef has not warmed to the idea of
signing an extension to guarantee his stay long term in Denver even though
Vandeweghe made it clear after he came on board late that this was his
preference. And the Kansas product does have proven value in the NBA. He's
produced at a very respectable level and could be a key asset on a team that
needs a boost from an inside presence.

If the right combination of other young players with a possible future and a
couple of future number one's and maybe even a little cash to sweeten the pot
were to be dangled in front of the noses in Denver.... LaFrentz just might be
packing his bags in a hurry is my guess since he's not willing to commit to
the Nuggets long term.

Of course with the deadline for his extension dwindling down to ten days or
so it would have to be something put together soon. Unless it's a deal
already being worked. Somewhere. Somehow. By somebody. But Raef's  current
salary figure of under $4 Mil certainly makes it easier to work with than
lots of players sitting around the league.

CeltsSteve

Comedian Argus Hamilton says Jordan made his decision to return out of
patriotism. "President Bush asked Americans to start traveling again, and
Michael never takes less than three steps with the ball."