Re: Obie frustrated with front office

In a message dated 10/20/01 3:48:46 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
j.hironaka@unesco.org writes:

(Quotes from Obie)
> ``Well, what we got out is five games without any practice, which
> absolutely sucks,'' he said. ``That's what we got out of it. We got game
> experience and no practice time, which absolutely sucks. So we have to get
> after practice . . . the next five practices are important. And in the next
> two exhibition games, we want to be better than we have been in the last
> (six) games.''
>
> ``I think we're about where I had anticipated being, again with the idea
> that you need to practice to get better in preseason,'' O'Brien said,
> emphasizing the word ``practice'' more as he went. ``That's what preseason
> is supposed to be about, practice. Not playing five frickin' games in eight
> nights and only getting two practices. That's not what you're interested
> in. So in lieu of the fact that we haven't practiced, we are where we
> should be right now.
>
> ``It has nothing to do with the NBA. We make the schedule. The NBA doesn't
> make the schedule - we make the schedule.''

The beauty of the above quotes were that they were delivered with fire! Obie
was visibly pissed. If not on a microphone I doubt he'd have said "frickin".
He's now put himself on the spot for the last two exhibition games since
he'll now have practice time.

George