Re: Lots Of Empty Seats Masquerading As Fans

Noah Evans wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 19, 2001 at 03:46:06PM -0400, Way Of The Ray wrote:
> > If the attendance at the Celtics exhibition games is
> > any indication, no wonder the NBA is so happy to
> > have Michael back. I've never seen so many empty seats
> > at Celtics games. It's a real far cry from the days
> > of Bird, McHale, and Parish.
>
> Whatever... Personally I'm a big fan of the NBA losing popularity. It
> means that you can get tickets for prices that normal people can
> actually afford. Take Cavs' tickets for instance, you can get
> courtside for $68. Better yet, with a student discount you can get
> tickets near courtside for $15 bucks on games that aren't big
> sellers. Unpopularity actually turns the NBA into something that
> normal people(including real fans and families) can afford.

Unfortunately, low ticket prices for good seats, is not
a way of the Boston sports market.

If the decrease in attendance leads to a constriction of teams,
an increase in talent, and a more exciting style, I could see
the benefits of it.

> Speaking of which, anyone coming to the away opener in cleveland in
> two weeks?

If the river catches on fire again, perhaps.
Ray