Re: Lots Of Empty Seats Masquerading As Fans

On Fri, Oct 19, 2001 at 03:46:06PM -0400, Way Of The Ray wrote:
> If the attendance at the Celtics exhibition games is
> any indication, no wonder the NBA is so happy to
> have Michael back. I've never seen so many empty seats
> at Celtics games. It's a real far cry from the days
> of Bird, McHale, and Parish.

Whatever... Personally I'm a big fan of the NBA losing popularity. It
means that you can get tickets for prices that normal people can
actually afford. Take Cavs' tickets for instance, you can get
courtside for $68. Better yet, with a student discount you can get
tickets near courtside for $15 bucks on games that aren't big
sellers. Unpopularity actually turns the NBA into something that
normal people(including real fans and families) can afford.

Speaking of which, anyone coming to the away opener in cleveland in
two weeks?

Noah