re: doughnuts

> From: "j.hironaka" <j.hironaka@unesco.org>
>
> Geez, 240 donuts for a two hour flight? An earlier report had the Celtics
> eating after practice at the Wendy's fast food chain.
>
> I wouldn't want Obie babysitting my kid, much less responsible for making
> highly paid pro athletes accountable to the hopes and dreams of Boston
> fans. I know I'm way over-reacting.

Yeah, I don't know, Joe.  When I first read the article, I don't think my
mind could comprehend the number, so I saw "20 doughnuts" and thought
"that wouldn't be enough" you know, for the team, the coaching staff, the
trainers, etc, to all have one.  I think even pro athletes can have a
doughnut every now and then.  But 240 of them?  Who's the starting center,
  Homer Simpson?  Geez Louise, if there's 50 people travelling with the
team (and there aren't that many, right?) that's about 5 each.  Have mercy.
   Why not just have a meal of lard and a fifth of Scotch?

Regards,

(The Celtic "Tird")