Re: [Celtics' Stuff FW: Ye olde dark cloud.

At 22:58 10/16/2001 -0400,JB wrote:
>   4. Joe Johnson and Vitaly need to be in the starting lineup.
JB

******
Johnson, yes; Vitaly, no. At his best, he can be effective against second
units. He showed signs of life tonight. At least he always tries hard -
can't get mad at him, as bad as he is sometimes.
    Kestas
        *************
  One of the posters at the "group," Asterix,  pointed out the possible
benefit of starting Potapenko, was to soften, a bit, the other teams center
with his physical play. I ascribe to this theory, as well as the fore stated
intention to get more offense into our starting line-up, by trying to get
Vitaly off early. I remember a moment with Vitaly and Palacio on the floor,
where Vitaly dropped down from the foul line after picking for Milt. They
call it the "pick and pop," I believe. Palacio had no clue and Vitaly was
standing all alone five feet from the basket. Anderson always made that pass
and Vitaly usually made the shot. Starting Potapenko, who needs a
distributor to get into his offense, also insures he is on the floor with
Anderson.
  I agree with everyone that Battie has closer to the total package and
probably should be playing more minutes and finishing games, but I like his
energy coming off the bench and perhaps keeping the running game going, as
the opponents begin to tire.
JB