RE: the future of the center spot

Good point, Alex. And if you'll remember, most teams who make these trades
get blasted in the beginning (Philly fans didn't like the Stackhouse for
Ratliff-McKie trade) but the team getting the big man almost always makes
out better than the team getting the "star" swingman. So are there any
second-tier big men out there? The only one who comes to mind who reportedly
has been available is Raef Lafrentz. That's probably the kind of player
we're talking about. That's also why some of us wanted to make a play for a
Nazr Mohammed or Marc Jackson. They could fall into that same category.

Mark