Re: Ye olde dark cloud.

> From: Kestas <Kestutis.Kveraga@dartmouth.edu>

> I keep watching his [EWill's] defense and I just don't see anything there.
>  Players
> he's guarding quite often go by him like he was a traffic cone. Is there
> any tangible evidence that our defense is better when Eric is in? I doubt
> it.

OK, here's the thing: I specifically looked at EW's D during this game.
It bit.  (OK, he does seem to be hampered by that knock on the thigh.)
But when I saw Stacey Augmon -- not a guy known for his ability to take
you off the drive (or even any real offensive ability at all) -- just
leave EW standing there like he was some sort of Greek statue on a drive
to the hoop, I felt vindicated.  And then I felt really bad, you know,
because he's going to get the minutes anyway, and he's on our team, and I
really oughtn't feel good when he plays badly.  Anyway, never have a I
seen a guy who's gotten a reputation for playing such good D play defense
so badly -- and not just in this one game.  I'm stymied.

(The Celtic "Tird")