Re: re: Duncan

At 01:27 16/10/01 -0400, James A. Hill wrote:
>I would think that it would be a combination of Kenny's cap space and
>whoever would be traded to SA, as it would be a sign-and-trade.  That could
>be one player or multiple players going to SA combined with Kenny's cap
>space to make it work.  That said, I wouldn't hold my breath on it
>happening.

I imagine Boston will need to already be a 45+ win team for Duncan to
consider joining our club, once Dave Robinson retires and the Spurs
decline. I'm day dreaming big time here, but if Boston can successfully
develop great wing players in Paul, Joe, Joe, Kedrick and Antoine, we'd
almost resemble Red Auerbach's Celts team just prior to the Bill Russell
draft (with Ramsey, Cousy, Sharmin etc.)

Would that type of team be attractive to a quality free agent big man? Cap
room won't be an issue if we let McCarty, Eric Williams clear the cap with
Kenny.

Of course if Joe Johnson and Kedrick Brown's raw ability roughly translates
by 2003 into the second coming of McGrady and Vince Carter, we'll be far
too busy kicking the crap out of everyone's butts to worry about signing a
dominant center. ;-)

I know I can easily be accused of wearing green-colored glasses when it
comes to the Celtics organization, but please bear in mind that I predicted
33 wins last year (because of coaching) and was more critical of the Moiso
pick than anyone out there. Had Pitinochio not left, we were actually on
pace before midseason to win even fewer than 33 games.

***