Re: EW's defense

Joe wrote:

Many of you have probably already seen this earlier quote from Obie about
our starting small forward. What's everyone's opinion on this? I know some
of you think Eric's impact on defense is overrated.

---end---

Hi Joe,

I've always thought Eric's defense is overrated. I believe he plays hard and
works at it, but he's certainly no defensive stopper in the Michael Cooper
sense. I don't ever remember thinking, when Tracy McGrady, Kobe, Stackhouse
or any of those explosive swingmen are killing the Celts, "we should sick
Eric on them." And I've never noticed those guys suddenly cooling off the
minute Eric comes in the game.

Having said that, Obie obviously sees something and knows more than I do
about it. There must be something to it.

Mark