Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 12:45:35 -0400
From: "Berry, Mark  S" <berrym@BATTELLE.ORG>
Subject: Larry Johnson retires

Larry Johnson has accepted a buyout from the Knicks and is retiring.
Reports say the Knicks are expected to be granted an injury exception
of $4.5 million.

Do you see what's about to happen here? One of two things... either
the Knicks will use that injury exception to sign Anthony Mason and
become Eastern Conference contenders, or the Bucks will fear the
Knicks doing just that and pony up the money for Mason themselves. My
money is on the first scenario. Makes me sick.

Mark