Pondering The Imponderables 1

- Let me offer my congratulations to Chris Wallace,
the rest of the Pitino's leftovers, and Richard Pond, who basically
runs the Celtics, while Gaston continues his exile in
his ski chateau.  And congratulations are indeed in order
for the above gentleman for transforming the Celtics -- who
at one time were tied with the Red Sox as the most popular
Boston sports team -- into the number four sports team in
the local area, just narrowly ahead of Boston College football
and the WUSA.

Yes, even the lowly Bruins vaulted ahead of the
Celtics during this past summer, as Bruins management made
an effort to go out and sign free agents from other teams,
that could have an impact.  And  that impact has been felt,
as the Broons have gotten off to a smoking start and are projected
by some denizens of the sports world to go deep into the playoffs.

- From what I hear, there was no love loss with the
departure of radio announcer Howard David.  Not Howard's fault,
as he equated himself in a thoroughly professional manner
during his Celtics tenure. Apparently the problem was with
certain Celtics players and management, like Antoine
Walker and Richard Pond, who didn't appreciate
Howard's objectivity and criticisms. Ahhh, those poor babies.
I guess the truth does hurt.....

Ray