FW: [Celtics' Stuff RE: Josh... thoughts, insights from yesterday?

----------
From: JB <jbmetzea@Yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2001 18:49:17 -0400
To: <Celticsstuffgroup@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [Celtics' Stuff RE: Josh... thoughts, insights from yesterday?

on 10/9/01 8:31 AM, Berry, Mark  S at berrym@BATTELLE.ORG wrote:
I'm excited about
Kedrick's future, but I find the double standard applied to Kedrick a little
amusing. Jerome Moiso played two years at a major Div. I college and put up
pretty good numbers against great competition. He was drafted on his
athleticism and potential. Kedrick put up good numbers at an anonymous
junior college against lousy competition and was drafted on his athleticism
and potential. I'm willing to wager that Kedrick (Wallace's guy) gets more
of a shot than Moiso (Pitino's guy).

Mark
        **************
  Mark; I hope you haven't hit on something here. While I'm not opposed to
giving Kedrick plenty of rope, I'm a bit distressed at the apparent center
rotation. Blount is apparently "their" guy. We all have wondered since
Pitino left, which players the remaining three; Wallace, O'Brien and Papille
had brought in, as opposed to Pitino's choices. My center rotation would be
just the opposite of what seems to be in their minds. My observation is that
Tony Battie is far and away the only one with starter's potential. Potapenko
would come off the bench. Blount has third string written all over him. "The
Shaq of Shaw's," indeed.
  I also remember a quote last week. "We traded for  Anderson to lead this
team..." From the perspective you draw, it would seem that Kenny is also
"their" guy.
  One of the folks I met with in Canada is a school psychologist. She told
me about an experiment, many years ago, where 40 children were divided into
two, almost exactly even groups, considering potential and past performance.
A new teacher was told that group A were  advanced students and group B were
plodders. You guessed it, the groups lived up (or down) to the teachers
expectations.
  In the case of the Celtics, the fannies they pat, would  be the ones that
play harder. The only problem with this, is if the favored ones, in the case
of our team; were inherently selfish(Antoine), lazy(Kenny) and
untalented(Blount).

                  JB

Unchain My Heart!