Great Red Hope

	Red Auerbach was quoted extensively over the weekend, in his new/old role
as Celtics president. He is the greatest coach of all time, and that's no
hype. Go Celts!

"When you're vice chairman of the board, normally a vice chairman of the
board is a guy sitting in an office shuffling papers. But when you're
president, you can get down and get your feet a little dirty. And they know
that I'm watching. I'm getting old, but I've still got my marbles. That's
where it's at.''

``I still think we're two ballplayers away,'' he said flatly. ``We need a
guy up front, either a center or another power forward who's a mean guy. I
was sorry to see that (Danny) Fortson leave, a guy of that caliber. And
then we need another guard.''

``I like how they respect Jim O'Brien. They listen to him. I can tell. I
can tell when you talk to a ballplayer whether he's looking at you or he's
dreaming. But they listen to him, and he's tough."

"They like him, which is important ... These kids seem to be focused pretty
good. I think Kenny Anderson looks like he wants it. He wants to show that
he can still play."

****