Re: [...]''He's in fantastic physical condition,.. ."

Mike, Remember bigots come in all shapes and sizes.  In my opinion your
correct and I think history supports your ascertains.

I'd say the way the Celtics have "stacked" the team with White guys over the
years just goes to show that it wasn't talent that Red was interested in,
just "marketing" to his audience.  The fact that most of these White guys
are in the Hall Of Fame must be racially motivated as well.  The 16
Championships were a by product of this racism apparently.

Some people think that racism against White people is acceptable.  They're
the ones being self righteous, IMO.

<Jim

> Well, be disgusted, be sanctimonious about it, make self-righteous remarks
> about how Red and the Celtics never ever never did something like this.

Facts are facts -not self righteous remarks. Red was a trailblazer for black
athletes in the NBA. How come your rancorous comments make no mention of the
facts
in my post.  Do you deny what Red's history was? This guy is the polar
opposite of
Tom Yawkey. I'm not ignorant about anything in Celtics history and I'm not
one to
bury my head in the sand.and ignore facts. I think about what I have to say
and I
don't knee jerk anything. Local boy makes good is an age old public
relations
angle that is mined often. Why all the cynicism about the sinister motives
behind
his signing?  I also can't believe that you are trying to portray your
acidic
comments as "fair" . Accusing someone of playing the race card is not
"fair", it
is libelous.

Michael A. DiZio

Jim Hill