Kenny Anderson

I have no idea whether Kenny Anderson reads this list, but I want to thank
him for calling in his pledge to the Howard Stern show the other day.

Notwithstanding his decision to tie the donation to his statistical
on-court success, this has nothing to do with his merits or demerits as a
basketball player.  This was a good thing for him to do as a human being.
The fact that he did it publicly isn't "grandstanding" -- if he's inspired
even one other person to give to a worthy cause, then so much the better.

And I don't think it's my place or anyone else's to look askance at the
amount of his contribution.  Generosity is generosity.

If Kenny plays the way he has the last couple of years, I'll probably
still grumble about it.  But my heart won't be in it quite as much.

Michael Gooen
http://phone.yahoo.com