A Play I Couldn't Believe

Now, I think the Celtics are playing very well in the first quarter,
except for missing some free throws and a few defensive lapses, but one
play that I saw really chapped my hide:

It was a 3-on-2 fast break with maybe 3-4 minutes left, Antoine had Pierce
on the wing and Williams in the paint, with two Magic players, already
looking up to the rim for the bound.  Walker gives it to Pierce for the
really-open three.  Pierce misses, which isn't the problem, it's the fact
that Antoine, instead of following through on his momentum and going to,
say, the free throw line, drifts back past the arc and out of the TV
picture screen.  This makes *no* basketball sense at all.  The rebound was,
  of course, long, though on the wing opposite Walker.  However, there's no
reason not to run that out at all.  Maybe Antoine was trying to show
confidence in Pierce.  I'm pretty sure Pierce might say thanks, but I
might miss too.  I promise not to cry if you go for the rebound on my
shots.

Bird
(The Celtic "Tird")

P.S. The Orlando guys are doing the broadcast for the Pass.  These guys
suck.