Re: A win.

Someone mentioned that Toine's assists have gone down of late.  What are his
passing options other than Pierce?  Blount, Battie, VP?  Sometimes it's
everything they can do to hang onto a bounce pass.  Kenny?  We won't even
talk about his FG% right now.  Milt?  Has hit a few shots.  Strickland?
Let's hope he can be consistent.  Johnson?  Not right now.  Williams?  Can
he stay healthy?

Sheesh..

Its a team game man. I have to think everyone on this list has played
basketball,
so I am generally confused about comments like this.

Walker and Pierce certainly do need to spread the ball about more, and the
other
Celtics need to move alot more without the ball. The Celtics offense is
largely about standing around while the other teams defense keys up on a
star, and then
they sometimes pass off to some other player standing open for a three
pointer.

This isn't a good offensive plan. The Celtics have good passers and ball
handlers so they should instead rely on crisp ball movement and movement
without the ball to the basket. This will allow easy baskets and layups. The
Celtics never bother working for the layup or dunk, they work for isolations
with Paul and Toine, and open threes. This leads to..no suprise a low
shooting percentage. No matter
how "good" Paul and Toine are Tony Battie is going to shoot much better
taking
 a gimmee then Paul and Toine will fair battling one on one.

I mean haven't you ever played on a team with good players who get everyone
involved? When your with a good team, you can play ABOVE your level of
ability.
Folks pass you the ball where you can hit shots, they know your weaknesses
and
strengths. So they make you play better then you deserve to. Its not so much
about great passing, its about encouraging your teamates and making use of
them
in the right way.

I was never a great basketball player, and I don't even imagine I was ala
Bill Simmons. But this idea that only the best players should shoot the ball
is
foolish.

Not only is it getting lousy results, but its piss poor to watch. Frankly I
think the players could do a better job of coaching themselves then they
could listen to OB's
schemes.

Man every single time they bring our great "Athlete" K. Brown into the game
he dutifully falls the coach's orders and stands around behind the friggin
three point line. <g> Thats a great way to make use of your athletes.....

Wallace should have had a clue and ditched OB long ago, then we could bring
in a real coach.

Pete