Mike Fine's suggestions

In the article by Mike Fine he felt that Chicago would be amenable a deal of
Vitaly and McCarty for Oakley or possibly Eric Williams instead of Vitaly. In
either scenario it works under the cap. Oakley do what Randy Brown has never
been healthy enough to do -- teach the young players (including Pierce &
Walker) how to win.

Now supposedly the Bulls are considering moving Miller to create more playing
time for their kids. If that's the case I don't know why they'd want Vitaly
except that he hasn't been more than a 24 minute per game player at most
anyway. However, why not expand the deal to trade both Vitaly and Williams
along with cap baggage McCarty for Miller and Oakley. Hell -- even throw in
the Philly draft pick. Of course we might have to include Obie as well since
he won't give up EW without a fight. This, too, works under the cap -- with
or without Obie.

Chicago gets in VP a part time center who can also do grunt work like Oakley
(but not as well) who is much less caustic to the coach and they get Eric who
gives them small forward depth and versatility not to mention his "defensive
wizardry" (stop laughing now!) along with McCarty who could sing the Star
Spangled Banner.

We would get Oakley -- probably only for this year -- to provide some low
post toughness and veteran leadership & Miller who would platoon with Battie.
Oakley wouldn't play big minutes but he'd play some minutes at the 4 and 5
and would virtually force Obie (if Obie doesn't elope with EW) to play
Antoine at the 3 a bit.
Miller, while not a great center, will provide us with better size in the
pivot and more scoring there as well plus he'd be a possible chip to play in
a sign and trade package for LaFrentz next summer if management was so
inclined. It would also make Blount our 12th man or injured reserve material.

Now if  I'm the Bulls I don't make this trade but how many wins do they have?
If I'm running the Celtics I not only make the trade in a heartbeat but I add
Mike Fine to our scouting staff!

George

BTW I like Vitaly but it doesn't seem like Obie does.