Re: A Win?

At 16:49 11/28/2001 -0800, you wrote:
>create their own shots right now.  However, the team needs two things
>(other than to quit trying to make Tony Battie, Vitaly Potatpenko, and the
>ersatz Mark Blount into UCLA high post passers)

Unfortunately, I think it's the real Mark Blount :)

>tease the defenders with it.  At any rate, other teams are generally
>giving him the respect that top-notch scorers in the league get.

Well, he IS a top-notch scorer, at #3 in the league.

> And, to
>be sure, what can you say about the final layup?  No hesitation in the
>drive, then layed it up over Zo high off the glass.  It really was
>beautiful.  You're right, that was probably the best look at the end of
>the game that the team has had for years.  I thought we'd settle for the
>jumper again, too, but thankfully Pierce saw the opening and went for it.
>All-Star?  I'll say.  If the team in even near .500 he's got to make the
>team.

I get a feeling that this year (unlike last year) he's viewed by everyone
as an unquestionable All-Star. And that's what counts, not the stats. Stats
don't vote you in, 12-year-olds and NBA coaches do....

> And frankly, I don't see Walker lagging all that far behind in the
>voting, either.

....and that's why Walker will have a uphill battle, despite the weaker
competition at his position.
Kestas