Re: A Win?

Some people make light of the Heat's defense on the last play. Jones played
decent defense after being partially left behind on Pierce's first step and
Mourning came over to attempt the block. Pierce had to put it kind of high
off the glass with English because he was coming pretty perpendicular to the
board. Not a particularly hard shot for a pro but not necessiarly an easy
one. Most players would have been looking for a foul or would have choked...I
wasn't all that excited about the win because we won ugly from the team
concept. You can't expect Pierce and Walker to each score 30 points a game
every night. This was why it was so important to develop the third scorer
(Johnson). I have to admit that for some reason Erik Williams sparked the
team (it did coincide with the insertion of Palacio). He didn't do much after
that however. I agreed about Obie pulling JJ in the fourth quarter. He was
totally out of it on both offense and defense. Obie, Walker and Pierce have
to find some ways to get Johnson untracked early if they want to see any blue
sky...I was happy to see Brown get a little time. Jones blew by him twice
like he did on every other Celtic defender. He also missed a bunny that he
should have jammed. At any rate, that is all I ask is to let the rookies get
5-10 minutes a night in one stretch. Then let the veterans take it home if
they are playing better. Obie obliged this time but we will see if it
continues.

Kenny was the goat for awhile and he looked so downcast that I actually
started to feel sorry for him. Pierce redeemed him. You were correct that
many times Kenny was leading the break with just a couple of followers.
Walker seemed to be the guy who is really dogging it or pulling a Randy Moss
and picking his spots. You would like to say he should be sitting on the
bench if he needs a rest but we honestly don't have anyone who can adequately
relieve him. Williams does pull the defense in a little bit when he is in the
post but he can't finish. Honestly, Walker no longer looks good there either.
The only time he looks like he is taking a good shot is when he is taking a
three. His offense on the post is gone, purely chuck it up. He seems to have
forgotten all those nice moves we saw there in the past. I think all the
blocks have gotten to him. Too bad because all he needed was the inclusion of
an occasional upfake...

DJessen33