The Problem with the Celtics

After watching every game thus far this year it is so obvious that Rick Pitino's thumb is still sticking the Celtics in the spine. He killed them with his poor signings and trades. I mean honestly, if you never saw Kenny Anderson, Walter McCarty, Eric Williams, Vitaly, Tony Battie, Mark Blount ever again would you be upset? hell no! Each and every one of those guys are a 12th man on any other NBA teams. Mark Blount has no business being in this league. He has bricks for hands, and has no concept of using his body. Ouside of Vitaly's goofy jump shot and occasional jump hook he is a fouling machine. Battie is a good back up but no starter. Kenny Anderson has no skills, even with a better attitude he can't hit a jump shot to save his life. My point is this, outside of Pierce(who fell in Pitino's lap) and Walker (who was there before him), Pitino left this team in shambles. Joe Johnson has a nice future, and the other 2 rooks might as well!(it would be nice to see them play, they can't be worse then the buffoons I mentioned above) But looking at what has gone on since Pitino left, they misjudged a number of very good players in the draft and came up with McCleod as our big offseason acqusition! Not gonna cut it. I have already gone to 2 home games this year, but as a long time Celtics fan I have finally reached my breaking point. I cannot bring myself to return to the fleet center after watching them blow the game against the Raptors! Then to pour salt in the wound and lose to the Wiz? C'mon, until the last reminents of the Pitino era are gone, this team will be no where near contention. That means not only waiting out the contracts of Kenny, Vitaly, and Battie and all the other scrubs that are hard to root for, but also for Obie and Wallace. T
hey were a part of that horrible era in Celtics history, and it is continuing! I hope they make me eat my words, and that I will be back at the Fleet this year. But based on what i have seen this team is already dead in the water. Lets at least see the rooks play. My suggested rotation th rest of the year would be:

Battie Vitaly
Walker Battie
Johnson K. Brown
Pierce Strickland
Palacio Forte Strickland

And I would fine Walker every time the glory loving nerd fires a 3. Get a clue and get on the damn post ANTOINE! Enough ranting! Thanks for reading!!!

Derek