Re: OVERTIME!!!

Nope.

Antoine did what he'd been doing all night and went over to double Rip
Hamilton, leaving his man, Laettner, open to hit the go-ahead shot. This
despite the fact that Kedrick had had Rip under control since he entered the
game.

Then, Pierce had Popeye, otherwise known as the "Man with Bad Knees",
isolated and chose to try a 3 instead of easily driving around him as he had
done not 5 minutes before. Popeye blocked his shot and the rest, as they
say, was history.

How can a team that played so smartly its first few games, become so
incredibly stupid? They don't even try the things that got them a 5-2
record, the running, passing, rebounding and tough defense; instead opting
for the outside shot on offense and the silly doubling, half-pressing
defense. The only reason they got back into this game enough to tie it was
because on several possessions in a row, Palacio ran, and ran, and ran, and
headed for the hoop every time. Of course they promptly forgot that when it
came to overtime.

It boggles the mind.

Rich D.

P.S. So will Obie lose his job next week when the C's return to Boston with
an 8 game losing streak? Anyone want to give odds?