All Star voting

As others have probably noted, the ballot this year is really working
against Paul Pierce, the league's #2 scorer and shooting .552 from Bird land.

It seems like there are three nominations for "guard" (McGrady, Iverson and
MJ) who are locks to make the team for sure, so Paul will have to settle
for fourth by beating out not only Ray Allen (who's coach will probably run
the team) but also Jalen Rose, hall of famer Reggie Miller, Jerry
Stackhouse and Dream Teamer Allan Houston.

Let's say MVP Iverson gets listed as the second point guard behind Jason
Kidd... well even then you have Baron Davis (20ppg on .548 shooting) and
don't forget that Andre Miller is #1 in assists in the NBA, and he's
scoring over 18 per game. Pierce would be the 7th guard in that scenario,
assuming he beats out all the other big names.

If Pierce gets left off, then its hard to imagine the league choosing
Antoine as the lone Celtics representative (although he's putting up the
best numbers at his position thus far).

Yes, I know its way too early. But the ballots got announced, so its in the
news.

FWIW, seven "guards" makes sense because noone's a lock at forward other
than Vince Carter and Mutombo. Grant Hill's numbers make him pretty
deserving. Jermaine O'Neil and Glenn Robinson (or Shareef) could fill out
the 12-man roster, assuming Mourning/Camby/Ratliff are injured.

So maybe its wait until next year for Antoine, unless he gets his FG% up
and starts turning near triple doubles into real triple doubles. If he were
shooting 45% he'd make it every year, the position is so thin right now.
But that's our Toine (and our system).

If Boston isn't at .500 at the break, no Celtic player deserves to go as
far as I'm concerned. I guess I'm stating the obvious for most people.

****