Kedrick Brown in Globe

At last, some word on Kedrick Brown's progress. Lester Conner claims that
some of his practices have been "off the charts".

But Ked's down with the flu so we might not see him, or see him play at his
best, on Wednesday.

http://www.boston.com/dailyglobe2/324/sports/Celtics_hidden_treasureP.shtml

Obie
''He has a chance to be a really good player in this league,'' O'Brien
said. ''And based on what he's doing in practice right now, I'm going to
have to find some time for him.''

''He and Joseph Forte are in a bit of a numbers crunch, which we knew might
happen when we drafted them,'' O'Brien said yesterday. ''And when we got
Erick Strickland, we knew there weren't going to be equal opportunities.
That's not to say they won't earn playing time. If he continues to play in
practice like he did last week, it's going to be difficult to keep him on
the bench.''

O'Brien remains solidly in Brown's corner. For starters, Brown is easily
the best athlete on the team, and the league is going in that direction.
Brown also has 3-point shooting ability and can defend and rebound, traits
that, for now, have been on display only to teammates and coaches behind
closed doors.

Lester Conner
''I know what junior college is like. I went there. But I also went to
college [Oregon State] for two years. I wouldn't be surprised if he was
down a little. He is a first-round pick and Joe has gotten off to such a
big start. But I keep telling him it's a long season and you can't get down.''

''He had a couple of practices recently that were off the charts,'' said
Conner. ''He got the game ball. And we give the game ball for work at both
ends of the floor, not just on offense.''