Re: Bo Outlaw + 1st rd pick to the Suns...

Joe opinioned:
>I think Lamar Odom might be the next ballplayer to go in a
>firesale-type situation. I just hope its not to the Lakers or Philly. Its
>just a hunch at this stage, but this is the kind of situation where you
>might dangle Forte or Kedrick. Because of his drug problem its hard to tell
>if Lamar will ever be more than a Billy Owens or Danny Manning, or if he'll
>fit in on a team that already has Joe Johnson and Antoine.

A college age millionaire gets caught smoking pot and that is a drug
problem?

Odom is young, on the Clippers and doesn't have any pull, yet still visable
enough.  A good target.

The whole anti-pot drive is a shot across the bow of the players union now
that they are just figuring out what 10% of their pay equals.  It has been
used in negotiations with them in the past as well.  Apparently Peirce is a
little distressed by the give back.

I have always wondered if the agents get paid based on the "contract $
amount" or the "actual $ amount received" after the give back?  Does anyone
know?

Joe, Anyway I doubt he'll be traded in a firesale situation for smoking pot.
Shawn Kemp makes this kid look like a Boy Scout.

But, if you are right and I am not, I'll take those trade ideas.  The guy's
we trade "may" one day be better, but Odom isn't much of a gamble at 6'10"
221lb at 22 years old. (He also had 4, 11 assist games as a rookie)  He
could play center in the East for now and step in at three postions as
either a starter or back up for 10-15 years on a very good team.

>...you might dangle Forte or Kedrick.

<Jim
--
Jim Hill