overrated talent.

Well not only did i watch the Celts game..
but I went to the Knicks-Miami game last night. And any of you who didn't
go are lucky!

I don't know that the Celts are that great...but they do have more talent
then
some folks on this list give them credit for.

Observation #1:

Tinsley...
This guy is terribly overrated, from what I have seen of him. Yeah he racks
up
assists and can dribble. But thats all he can do. Not only is he a jump shot
away
from being good, but he seems quite unable to play defense as well.

We have a player...who on another team would play alot like Tinsley..
Kenny Anderson. Wait...everyone hates Kenny? Well you folks would hate
Tinsley
too.

The Celts are certainly much better off with their kinda point guard:
Someone who plays good defense, but can score. Strickland, Palacio, Forte..
this are guys in the Alvin Williams mode.

The last thing the Celts need is another "pure" point guard stiff. There is
more
to being a basketball player then wracking up assists. No doubt this is why
they
passed on El-Amin too.

Observation #2:

Battie isn't a bust. Now Battie isn't the greatest player...but rather then
being anxious to trade him we should be thankful we have him. We need more
6'10+ guys with athleticism and some talent.

Right now both the Knicks and Miami could really use a player like him..from
the game I saw last night. The Knicks have Camby...but when he is hurt they
have
nothing behind him. Kurt Thomas, Clarence Weatherspoon....yuck.

Battie can't handle the huge big guys..but he does decently against guys like
O'Neal, Camby, Ratliff, etc. This guys if far from the El-Busto he was
labeled.
I hope we trade again with the Nuggets.

What we should do is trade a wing player..for another solid PF/C..
I think Walker could use a better back up then Mcarty, as OBrien is loathe
to use Battie there.

Observation #3

Our point guards aren't that bad...

Some folks seem to think our point guards are all stiffs...well..perhaps
let me say they are better then the Knicks points. Mark Jackson is old and
slow..
I can see why the Knicks are trying to unload him, and their backups are
nothing
special.   Howard Eisley seems like more of real NBA point guard, but he is
just average.

The Knicks without Camby sure look like a sorry lot, IMHO, even if they did
win.

Pete