Re: Race card....

In a message dated 11/13/01 8:46:58 AM Pacific Standard Time,
wwfjericho@iprimus.com.au writes:

> Half the really good people dont bother posting here anymore in fear of
> getting their opinion slammed. Bill Cooper, etc, etc. Oh well.

     Really?  You may be right, but it seems to me that Bill simply left the
list.  In fact, while I am too old to claim much in the way of memory, he
didn't post much other than his stupendous game summaries.  And I certainly
don't recall him getting slammed for his opinions.
     But I will not argue with your basic position:  that some folks have
stopped posting due to the oft-contentious nature of the list.  I don't post
because those who do have far more expertise than I - I just enjoy reading
the discussions about basketball.
 - Doug in California, who has tix to Clippers-Celtics 12/29