Way

O'Brien's charge to C's: Trey, trey again
Celtics Notebook/by Steve Bulpett

Tuesday, November 13, 2001

The Celtics tossed up a season-high 29 treys in their last outing, a 104-94
win over Seattle last Friday. While that figure may rankle some of the more
veteran season ticket-holders, it doesn't bother Jim O'Brien in the least.

``No,'' he said, ``I'll take 50 3-pointers if they're open. I don't like
challenged 3-pointers, and I don't like 3-pointers where you just come down,
make one pass and a guy's on you and you shoot it.

``When you shoot as high a percentage as we do, I want guys to take every
3-point shot that's there. I like our chances of winning. I like our chances
of beating better teams if they give us that.''

The Celtics are actually shooting better on 3-pointers (.441) than from inside
the arc (.434). They have taken an average of 22.6 a game.