re: Poor shooting

> From: Steve and Michelle Ouellette <redsox@westelcom.com>
>
> I don't want to say anything negative about Antoine because he has taken
> less than 20 shots in two consecutive games. But the sarcasm has been
> dripping ...
>
> Everyone is going to have bad games. Almost every one of those guys
> shoots a higher percentage than Antoine and not one of them took 29
> shots, not even Iverson.
> [...]
> All I ask is for my power forward to make 45 percent of his shots ... is
> that too much?

You're right -- Iverson didn't attempt 29 shots that night.  He attempted
28.

Later in the thread, you seem to be distraught over the .5% under 45% that
Walker is shooting.  Am I missing something, or is your criticism based on
one shot and a half of a percentage point?

I come from the school of thought that privileges power forwards who shoot
above 45% as well, but in today's NBA, I'm not so sure that it constitutes
a magical number that, if reached, allows either the team to win or
Antoine Walker to start being a "good power forward".

(The Celtic "Tird")