Re: Raef etc.

---- Original Message ----- From: "j.hironaka" <j.hironaka@unesco.org>

> Aside from Bird, MJ and the Celtics front office, people don't really like
> Anthrax or view him as a gate attraction. After all how many NBA players
> get booed at home? Seriously.

Joe, I was at the Seattle game Friday and I was pleased to note that there
wasn't nearly as much of an anti-Walker undercurrent than I've seen in
recent years.  This despite Antoine giving his critics plenty of ammunition
with 2-8 3pt. shooting and 7 turnovers (including 4 offensive fouls).  Maybe
people are still too giddy from watching the Yankees throw away the World
Series to be negative.  But I know that this time last year, with Seattle
coming back to take the lead in the third quarter, and Antoine missing
three's and turning the ball over, the bitterness in the air would have been
palpable.  Last night it wasn't.  And, what do you know, the Celtics won!

Jim