Seattle Game

I enjoyed watching the game, and feel very good about
our ability to execute out a win over a decent team at
home.  But I am really coming to hate the longball.
We almost lost the game because of it.  And without
Pierce's four point play and a couple of other
all-or-nothing perimeter plays, we get beaten tonight.
 Vitaly looked really good out there.  More proof that
statistics are mostly meaningless.

BTW, Chris Wallace denies there is anything afoot with
a Vitaly trade.  He also game me the party line on the
3HM, how there are only a handful of dominant centers,
etc. etc.  I actually was impudent enough to offer
counter with the suggestion that the statistics could
be misleading, since even a mediocre center can
function as a pivot, as oppossed to our three midrange
jump shooters.  But that argument weighed but little
with him.  He really is like a fan.  He knows every
kind of statistic, constantly refers to football and
baseball analogies, and apparently spends all his
waking hours watching NBA games or figuring out ways
to help the Celtics improve.  You gotta love him.

I wish I could get Coach O'Brien on the phone.  I
would love to ask him about the three ball.

p.s. check out the new column at bskball.com

peace!

Josh
Find a job, post your resume.