FW: [Celtics' Stuff FW: Team Stats update

From: HighHenry@AOL.com
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2001 19:08:03 EST
To: Celticsstuffgroup@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Celtics' Stuff FW: Team Stats update

J. Hironaka
> Seattle's 22-year-old Rashard Lewis has been the latest prep-to-pro
> phenom to emerge. He's averaging 17.6 points and 10.8 boards.
> The 6-10 forward most recently delivered 36 points and 19 boards
> worth of grade-A, government inspected whup-ass on McGrady's Magic
> team this week. I'm not even sure if this guy was a first round NBA
> draft choice.
       **********

Lewis went 32nd in the 1998 draft.  Houston9s loss was Seattle9s
gain.  After promising Lewis they9d draft him at #14 Houston
ended up with Dickerson at #14, Bryce Drew at #16, and Mersad
Turcan at #18.

Seattle9s on a five game road trip so we should have our way with
them tomorrow after the Nets wear em out tonight. I9m liking the
early part of our schedule this season.

Rashard Lewis gets first lesson

 VANCOUVER, British Columbia (AP) -- Texas high schooler Rashard Lewis
slipped
to the second round of the NBA draft Wednesday night, thus learning the
first
lesson of
his adult life in sports.
 Lewis waited in vain for his hometown Houston Rockets to select him -- and
the Rockets
had three first-round picks.
 "They told me they would take me if I was still there at 14," Lewis said.
"They didn't take
me at 14, or 16, so it crossed my mind that they would take me at 18, but
they didn't," said
Lewis, who played at the suburban-Houston Alief Elsik high school.
 "So they did tell me they would pick me but you can't trust anyone's words
these days."
 Lewis, 18, wasn't even the first high school player taken in the draft. Al
Harrington went as
the 25th pick to the Indiana Pacers. Lewis went in the second round to
Seattle, the 32nd player
drafted.
 Lewis said he wasn't disappointed with going in the second round and didn't
regret the
decision to forego college.
 "I made a decision and I have to step forward and continue on with my
decision. I'll just be
out there working hard every day," Lewis said. "I learned a lot. Everyone
learns from this
experience. I've learned that people tell you one thing and some things may
be true and some
things may not be true."

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ADVERTISEMENT

Celticsstuffgroup-subscribe@yahoogroups.com