Re: Antoine's best game--ever

----- Original Message ----- From: "Berry, Mark S"

> If he played like this consistently, you'd never hear another Antoine
> diatribe from me.

I should hope not!  If he played like this consistently, he'd not only be
the MVP, he'd be the best player in the history of the NBA.  30+ points, on
70% shooting, with 10 boards, 9 assists and only 1 turnover.  Nobody has
*ever* done that consistently, but I'm glad to know that, if Antoine did,
you wouldn't criticize him.

OK, there I go being sarcastic again.  I think we all would like to see
Antoine play under control like he did last night.  And, if Johnson and
Anderson can be consistent, credible scoring threats, it would make that a
lot easier.

Having said that, I disagree that we've never seen this type of game from
Antoine before.  Admittedly, we haven't seen it often, and I don't remember
specifics, but I'm sure there have been other games where he just seemed to
"get it" in every aspect of the game.

Jim