From: Berry, Mark S [mailto:berrym@BATTELLE.ORG]
Sent: Thursday, November 08, 2001 8:39 AM
To: 'celtics@igtc.com'; 'celticsstuffgroup@yahoogroups.com'
Subject: Antoine's best game--ever

Last night was the best game I've ever seen Antoine play and there isn't
even a close second. He's scored more points, grabbed more rebounds and had
more assists, but never has he controlled a game like he did last night.
This is what we've been begging for, and why he's so frustrating. He's
capable of this, but he stops himself. It's all up to Antoine, and all too
often he is his own worst enemy.

If he played like this consistently, you'd never hear another Antoine
diatribe from me. He was spectacular. It's that simple. I'm hoping,
sincerely, that he continues to play this way, but I don't expect it. We've
seen flashes before, and they've never lasted. I hope he proves me wrong,
because last night was a thing of beauty. What a performance.

All the things we've been screaming for-fewer shots, better shot selection,
fewer three-pointers, getting to the line, trusting his teammates-they all
were there. It's amazing how all the "stiffs" around him can look
respectable when Antoine is creating open, easy opportunities for them. He's
capable of doing that-making his teammates better. He proved it last night.
Now if he can only do it consistently...

It was a great, great performance. No qualifiers, no nitpicking. Just great.

Mark