Re: You could throw up

In a message dated 11/7/01 11:21:09 PM Eastern Standard Time,
hartleyo@bellsouth.net writes:

> Been watching the highlights & commentary of the Celts game on ESPN, CNNSI.
> It was Jordan, Jordan & more Jordan. You would a thought the Celts got
> crushed. They showed  1 highlight of Walker, who's game was spectacular
> and was easily the best player on the court tonight. You could just puke.

Jordan had a fine game for an old man assisted as usual by the refs. Poor guy
was so upset when they wouldn't let him rebound his own airball from 5 feet
from the hoop since he's used to getting every call. He gave Pierce an
assortment of slaps, forearms, hips & knees (and probably even stepped on his
toes) and rarely got nabbed but then it was on national TV so it was his
show. I think Laettner is still out on the parquet shooting jumpers. He's
just "too quick" for us to defend.

Antoine -- I always remember the saying that a player is never as good as he
looks on a great night or as bad as he looks on an awful night and AW
emphasizes this more than anyone. The most encouraging part is that this game
came after a few days of practice when Obie had a chance to reign him in a
little and after AW himself had said that he needed to adjust his game. With
the Wizards lack of size Walker could have easily scored 50 tonight in the
paint (well not easily -- we are talking about Antoine) but he resisted the
temptation.

JJ -- he threw up some shots early that were hideous but turned things around
and added 10 rebounds. In the first three games he was quite willing to pass
up the shot and keep the ball rotating around the perimeter. In the Bulls'
game he decided to step up and start shooting and has continued to do so. Now
that he has shown himself to be "ready, willing and able" I think you'll see
AW and PP shoot less and give him his 10-15 shots per game.

Eric Williams -- Too bad our "defensive juggernaut" was unable to play. I'm
sure he'd have shut down both Jordan & Laettner at the same time. LOL

Joe Forte -- Early in the game when everyone was throwing up bricks I was
wishing he was in uniform to send out there. Hope those back spasms are gone
by now. Is he eligible to come off the injured list yet?

Vitaly -- What did he do, flirt with Obie's wife? It makes me sick to see him
sit while Blount plays.

Kenny -- Yes, he's playing better but it's still not the way I envision a PG
playing. Still, if he maintains his play throughout the season it will be a
big step towards the playoffs.

Popeye -- Looks more like an Alien than even Dennis Rodman. Legs are gone but
he still rebounds. Maybe he IS an alien!

George